Tuesday 8 November 2016

To a Winter Sun

Read an article by Conor Pope about extinct and near extinct technologies and realise that I still use a few of them..but then he did include cameras, books, CDs,video tapes, cassette tapes...
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/from-cb-radio-to-sodastreams-the-technology-that-time-forgot-1.2853374

I still like my camera and here's a winter poem about just that ...sort of and Sunrise

To the Winter Sun

Rising at dawn to catch a glimpse
I swivel lens and mince words, meaningless,
to myself. And when the reel is done
you come, catching me speechless.

Sunblaze across a winter scape
reaching me dazed in a doorstep
Come, lover, come.
Though the reel is done

Meet me and melt me
as the frozen earth is spun
Over and over to meet the sun.
Come, lover, come

2 comments: