Tuesday 21 June 2022

Looking Up



I don't do regret much but sometimes it catches up ...

Morning Walk

 

She likes to lag behind

sniffing the unsavoury

and then makes a dash to catch up

pretending she's still a young thing

though she missed that magpie

within tail-swipe distance.

I'm lagging myself these days

behind my younger self.


I see her up ahead outstripping

both of us- her head a saturated solution:

things she said and shouldn't have

things she should have and didn't.

No space for wonders like

starling murmurations

or meteoroids crashing,

Halley's comet could pass her by.


If she'd only looked up

things would probably 

have turned out 

much the same

but she might have seen

 a thing or two.


Copyright 2022 Cathy Leonard All right reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment