Wednesday 31 August 2022

Living in the Moment



 It was a lazy July afternoon

all heat and bees buzzing

sipping nectar with their long tongues

from sweet pea and lavender


And all I could do was give myself up to it

pull up a chair and turn my face to the sun,

giver of all life, and absorb that vital Vitamin D

and live for a change in the moment.


But the bees were buzzing a bit too close for equanimity

and I was a bit overdressed for the occasion

and the dog at my feet was panting a bit over zealously

and her water bowl needed refilling


And I was a bit concerned about the UVA and UVB factors

that weren't in the face cream I had applied that morning

and the inevitability of needing cryotherapy

at some indeterminate moment in the future


That I completely missed the chance to live in the moment.


Copyright 2022 Cathy Leonard All rights reserved

1 comment:

  1. Yet, you've managed to relive that moment through your poetry. I can feel the heat and hear the bees.

    ReplyDelete