Thursday 26 January 2023

On Re- reading Billy Collins..



Around about midday on Fridays, among other tasks,

I clear the mist, scoop the sea and push the mountains

 at the local community centre, all while mouthing

 the five healing sounds of the elements

SSSSS...CHOOO...SHHHH...HAHHH...WHOOO

with the aim of self preservation and renewal...


And I thought there were only four of them-

elements that is-

Or else one hundred and eighteen,

if you count the periodic table...


But we're talking Qi Gong here.


So every week I shake, swing and flow

in the hope of finding

what I actually find 

with a lot less effort


when I read one of your poems.


Billy Collins reads a poem

Copyright 2023 Cathy Leonard All rights reserved

1 comment:

  1. That's amazing, that! Maybe the Qi Gong shift is a slow thing?

    ReplyDelete