Sunday 14 February 2016

Bliss!



It’s the big day
And what can I say?
When the romance works out it needs few words…
So here’s to …..bliss!

                 *****

You touch me where all is melting
And there is nothing to hold on to
but tears as they fall
And feeling as it breaks
over us

                 ******

A finger placed on lips that says
“No word”

A mouth on mouth on limb
that presses home

A bringing to again and again until
We are taken
 
over the edge


Copyright with Cathy Leonard 2016

                ******

Very few of us have Mr Darcy in our sights today
So we can either join the party
buy ourselves a bunch of flowers, a box of chocolates, a silk night dress, 
treat a friend to a surprise
whatever takes our fancy… 

Or ignore the whole thing

I’ve done all of these….

Happy Day!





3 comments:

  1. The flowers are beautiful, and the poetry so evocative! I bought a bunch of daffodils yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers will be cheaper tomorrow of course!!I usually grab a bunch at half price on the 15th...what a cheapskate I am a heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea. I must pop to the shops now!

      Delete