Tuesday 16 February 2016

Patchwork memories

Patchwork Quilts.

I touched on these before.
If you actually do use left over or recycled bits of fabric your patchwork quilt can evoke a spate of memories years later.
A jar of buttons or a box of spools will do the same thing.
Here’s a poem about that.


Memories…

The fish returns to source
by following the ripples
of his native current
And time is not linear as we supposed.

At first we recall in glimpses
the aftertaste of our first kiss.
A patchwork quilt, each patch
 a lens viewed at an acute angle;

edges, corners, truncated aerial frames,
spliced, diced, dropbox explosion
 and then sheen, sheer, efflorescence
as we dip and glide between then
and now and the river of Lethe...

Copyright with Cathy Leonard 2016

2 comments:

  1. I love buttons! My granny (the knitting granny) had a box-full of them that I used to play with as a little girl! One of the art teachers I follow online, Andrea Joseph, draws buttons and I'm thinking of trying that too! That just gave me an idea for a blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. And much prefer when they fall off and I can add them to the jar.....

    ReplyDelete