Tuesday 22 February 2022

Covid Socks

 Have gone back to that yarn...knitting socks. An octogenarian in Kerry kindly shared her secret sock making skills with a group of women during Covid. The result is 10 pairs of gorgeous colourful socks. Some ask me if people "really do wear them out!!!"

" Well keep them for bed socks if you must" but I'd have no problem wearing them out.

The task was very tricky..using 5 needles. Stitches slipping off at various critical junctures. My stray hair embedded in turning heels, toes smelling of wood smoke hands.....There's a poem in the making of them.

My first pair took two months, what with all the ripping back AND I haven't yet made myself a pair so that's my next task.

Anyway with covid beginning to recede...hopefully...


I feel again inspired to take up the pen.

Will post a poem soon....

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you back blogging!! And my pair of socks is only for cosy time - they're too pretty to wear them with boots!

    ReplyDelete