Tuesday 13 September 2022

Dawn

 

In case you're still in bed reader

I just want to describe

Give you something to dream on...


The Boston Ivy tendrilling the window is shimmering with dew

Stratocumulus clouds drift nonchalantly by

Bee-yellow Black- Eyed- Susans are opening their petals to the morning sky

The fluty baritone of the blackbird and the wood pigeon's lowing

are sounding a growing chorus of bird song

And in the west a waxing gibbous moon is still setting

mirrored reflection of the newly risen sun...


So enjoy your lie-in, reader, and dream on.

I know I would if I didn't have to walk the dog...


Copyright 2022 Cathy Leonard All rights reserved

1 comment:

  1. Oh no. I missed all that! Now it's greys skies and the sounds of traffic and construction on the building site next door!!

    ReplyDelete