Tuesday 12 April 2022

A knitting Prayer

 


While knitting I invariably notice a hair caught in the wool. Perhaps one of mine or Molly's or Sherlock's. It is always cause for a pause and reflection. (You may remember the names of those West Yorkshire Spinner yarns I've been using...bird names...)

Invocation

 

I am on automatic stocking stitch until I see the hair

Already fallen into the yarn, already embedded there

 

I am knitting myself into these socks for you

My needles clicking, my hours ticking away

 

To make this membrane for your feet

Travel worn, work torn, sea shorn

 

Invoking as I weave: Wisdom of Owl

Resilience of Robin, Beauty of Kingfisher

 

Offering up to you this rainbow spectrum of aspirations

Wishing you comfort, Wishing you joy, Wishing you well


Copyright 2022 Cathy Leonard All rights reserved

 

1 comment: