Tuesday 2 January 2024

Knitting Again- Happy New Year



 With the house full at Christmas, apart from the little tribute to my sister, I've just been knitting socks. I still recommend the West Yorkshire Spinners range of 4 ply sock wool. It comes in beautiful colours and washes well.

https://www.wyspinners.com/signature-4ply-yarn

I did however come across a pattern book How to Knit Socks: Three Methods Made Easy by Edie Eckman 



and tried 2 ply, a wool and acrylic mix.by Stylecraft bought at my local Winnies Wool shop.



There are some beautiful patterns in the book including socks which require cable and grain stitch, all well explained.

I used 3.5mm needles for the Cable knit socks though I was persuaded to buy a circular needle, not yet embarked upon.

I  did like the results.



And have embarked on the Harris Tweed Rib Socks. 

For these Edie recommends Superwash merino wool/nylon blend yarn.

I am having great trouble finding the yarns recommended but I am using Rainbow 4 ply sock wool by Hobbi, a danish supplier and bought online.



So until the house clears out and I get my head back it's going to be knitting...

Also discovered a website Domestika where you can buy online courses for around 10 euro in all sorts of art and craft....and writing....

1 comment:

  1. Love the socks! I must find a creative outlet like that for when I can't paint! And yes, Domestika has lots to offer. Didn't know about the writing courses, though!

    ReplyDelete