Wednesday 18 May 2022

Down the Rabbit Hole





Today on my walk it felt that the grasses and weeds had sprung a couple of feet since yesterday... It did rain... a lot... but maybe it had something to do with the man on the mower from the Council who cuts trails in the woods at this time of year, swaths bordered by tall grasses. I posted a poem about this a few weeks ago.  ( City Parks April 25th..)

Either way I'd fallen down a rabbit hole and without drinking potions or eating cake I felt smaller and the woods grew taller... Hence this wistful little poem.


There's comfort in small

in a world that is tall

asleep in silk butter 

cup, flanked by high

nettle-sipping on 

cowslip or sweet

meadow- swatting 

a dog tail as it 

swishes by-

oh to be small

or something that can fly....


Copyright 2022 Cathy Leonard All rights reserved




1 comment:

  1. Made me think of "Honey I shrunk the Kids!". Love these big ants!

    ReplyDelete