Tuesday 17 May 2022

On Meditating

 



I’m always making resolutions,,,

Drink more water

Eat those 5 A Day

Blank the likely lads...sugar, caffeine, alcohol....

Not forgetting the 10,000 steps….

This year I added yet again,,,,  Practise Meditation.

I've been trying to do this for a very long time and ....

but I think the most user friendly inspiration on this subject comes from Pema Chodron.

See links.

 Pema Chodron

And in the meantime here's a short report

 

On Meditating

 

I squat in half-lotus

Sort of

Count the out-breaths

One to five

Eye gaze-lowish

Torso-upright

Hands- relaxed

Thoughts -police

Cloud by cloud

Wave by wave drifting by

What's for dinner?

Remember to ring Helen

Back to the out-breath

One to five

Fuchsia boxing the wind outside

What rhymes with wind or rain or tide?

Label it “thinking”

Think about shopping

Backwards this time

Ten, nine, eight…

What quiche to make?

Seven, six, five

Will I walk or drive?

Four, three, two

Or make a stew?

Until- before long

The gong...

Copyright 2022 Cathy Leonard All rights reserved

1 comment:

  1. I have listed meditation in my goals for so many years now. This year is the first time ever that I have found a rhythm to meditate once a week!! I love how you have gone into the person's head and caught everything that runs through!

    ReplyDelete