Thursday 5 May 2022

Who wants to be Home Alone?

 


I'm stocking up on beans for the trip abroad,

your trip, my beans, 

Beanz Meanz Heinz, not sugar-free.


For though baked-beans-on-toast gets very bad press

it's one of my favourites and knocks years off me

which very little else does these days


and takes me back to the '60s-

not to free love and burnt bras unfortunately-

but to that glorious crush on the geography teacher.


It was our weekly if not daily fare, the beans I mean,

and I'm looking forward to a week of nostalgia

when you take off to Mallorca


Even though I know 

that within a hot second of Home Alone

I'll be phoning a friend.


Copyright 2022 Cathy Leonard All rights reserved

2 comments:

  1. That would be on my menu if I was cooking too. Or baked potato, coleslaw and cheese. Or sardines and sweetcorn. I don't have a wide repertoire. If you want to go out somewhere in Dublin when you're home alone, let me know!

    ReplyDelete