Monday 25 January 2016

Actual yarns-Knitting in garter stitch

And what about those actual yarns???

 I'm trying to revive my near-extinct knitting skills so I took myself off to Winnie's Craft Cafe where I sipped tea from a china cup, munched on a delicious shortbread freebie and lost myself in colour and texture. A feast of yarns,patterns,crafty gifts, toys and kits.
The knitting experts there suggested easy knits to give me a quick fix and encourage me to keep clicking.
I chose easy knit accessories in garter stitch, no jumpers just yet....

FAROE SUPER CHUNKY   9654 ADULTS
HAYFIELD RIPPLE SUPER CHUNKY 7363 ADULTS

Initial panic. Cast on 16 stitches -thumb method....What's that?? Luckily thumb remembered.
Same flutter with panic when time came to cast off. Got there.Phew!
Then a fringe problem with a scarf.
Went onto You-tube and watched a video called Knitting help-Adding fringe.
Needed a crochet hook. for this. Thumbs a bit clumsy but managed to make an uneven fringe.

And the results are a bit rough !!!              But hey, I'm a beginner.....





Check out Winnie's website for details of the free knit working evenings,courses,online shopping,location etc...etc
www.winniethewoolwagon.com







No comments:

Post a Comment