Wednesday 9 March 2022

Left over wool and recycling

 

 
The Blue Lagoon socks are finished. I reckon it takes me up to 12 hours to complete a pair. You wouldn't earn much of an income making these, at least not at my pace.
The cost is probably around 4 euro. WYS (West Yorkshire Spinners) wool costs 8.50 euro a ball and Fabel Drops 3 euro. But I'm using left over wool here.

The recipient for these swam The English Channel- Lagoon socks have to go to a swimmer! 
Check out Winnie's Wool shop for lovely yarns and patterns.


Boxed and ready to go!
Don't forget to recycle pretty boxes and bags for your woollies

2 comments:

  1. That's an impressive pair of socks! very professional looking indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that encouragement! After a dozen pair I'm still making mistakes.There's an unintended bit of moss stitch on the cuff but hey...a one off I say...and I find the cuff the most tedious part of making a sock with those little stitches slipping all over the place...

    ReplyDelete